Today, TikTok has become amongst the most used social media platforms where users can do anything, from going live to creating and posting their videos. TikTok live streaming is one of the many things that make this platform an attractive option for this generation.
Livestreaming on TikTok offers much the same that you get when you go live on any of the other social media platforms. You get the chance to interact with your real audience, talk with them at the moment, and engage them more enthusiastically than you can otherwise. So what is it with going live on TikTok? Can anyone go live on TikTok? Let’s find out!
Going live on TikTok
According to the platform, users go live on TikTok to share their interests and passion with their audience, showcase their talents, or simply just engage with their audience to get their message across. The option of TikTok live gives users the chance to share longer-made videos with the audience, get real-time comments, get live responses, and live reply to questions, requests, and suggestions, thereby engaging the audience in a better manner.
Required Number of Followers to go Live
The thing is that this TikTok live feature is not just for everyone. This feature of TikTok live is only for users who are 16 years or above. Unless users are 16 years or above, this feature cannot be enabled on their TikTok platform. Moreover, TikTok also limits this live streaming feature for those accounts that have at least 1000 TikTok followers. So, if you are 16 years of age or above, and have at least 1000 followers, you will be eligible to go live on TikTok. The question is how do you go live on TikTok if the above conditions have been met?
TikTok; How can I Go Live?
If you have TikTok live enabled, follow this step-by-step process.
- Open your TikTok app on your device.
- Click on the icon “create” that is located on the TikTok home screen. (There is a plus (+) sign that you will see present at the screen bottom).
- Then swipe to the side and click the “Go live” button.
- Just simply start with the TikTok GO LIVE option. When your broadcast starts, your followers will receive a notification about your live streaming.
- While you stream on your live, feel free to click on the icon of three dots to add effects, and flip the camera. You can also invite moderators, or filter the comments accordingly. Additionally, users may add in a co-host to share their broadcast. In this case, you will get a live broadcast with a split-screen that you can share with a guest, friend, or collaborator.
- You can stay live on TikTok for the time when you want. When you think you are done live streaming and want to wind it up, just click the X button at the top end corner of the screen to close your TikTok live streaming.
So you see, going live on TikTok is really that easy only as long as you have met the requirements needed to go live on the platform. Once the requirements are met, you can easily engage in real-time with your TikTok followers! This would help you to gain more TikTok followers.