TikTok is one of the leading social media apps with thousands of users. They post a short video showing off their unique talents. However, TikTok requires a lot more than just being creative. You need to make sure that you know how the TikTok algorithm works to be on the For You page to get maximum TikTok video views and hundreds of likes. This article will discuss everything related to how TikTok’s algorithm works in 2022.
It is a system that decides the right video for the For You page of users’ TikTok accounts. The decision is made considering a few factors, mainly the person’s interest, by using the account history. It picks up one’s interests and recommends according to those.
How Does TikTok Algorithm Work in 2022?
Three main factors show us how TikTok’s algorithm works in 2022.
- User Interactions: Like many other social media platforms, TikTok recommends that the For You page is based on what the user likes. It watches closely their followed accounts, videos they like, and makes comments. Also, they consider what kind of videos they are not interested in or what videos they have watched till the end and their interactions with organic ads and content.
- Information about the video: TikTok’s algorithm also suggests content on the For You page based on the information about the video a user has searched on the discover tab. They may search hashtags, trending topics, captions, effects, or sounds.
- Your account and device settings: These settings are one-time settings and may not have a lot of effect as the current interest of users tend to change. However, these settings have a minor impact on the content users see in recommendations. It includes the language preferences, country settings, and the categories of interest a user chooses when making their account.
Tips to Work with the TikTok Algorithm in 2022
Here are a few methods to help you work with TikTok’s algorithm in 2022, making your video appear on the For You page.
- Write engaging captions: TikTok allows a caption of 150 characters. Hence, it will help to write catchy captions with trending hashtags that will urge a user to watch your video. Captions play a huge role in the engagement of the video as people are interested in watching it due to the excellent caption and help Tik Tok Algorithm read your video’s nature. Once the engagement increases, it will appear in recommendations of interested accounts.
- Posting at the right time: The key signal to an algorithm is active engagement. Check your business or creator account analytics to know when your audience is most active. Post at that time to ensure you get the best attention.
Now you know how TikTok’s algorithm works and tips on working with it in 2022 to make sure your videos appear on the For You page. Once you reach the For You page, you will experience organic growth of TikTok followers, or you may get viral in one night.